Wednesday, December 28, 2011

The First Movie of Christmas ~ It's a Wonderful Life


I have no doubt in my mind that I have see this movie since I was two years old. Every Christmas we pull out this Christmas movie and watch together as a family. This Christmas being no different, I was reluctant to watch it. I had been part of a theater production of It's a Wonderful Life when I was about thirteen and acted the characters young Mary and Zuzu. It was a great experience, but let me tell you after memorizing nearly the whole movie and then preforming it five times, would make someone dislike the best of movies! Needless to say I was less then excited to watch the movie again. That's what I thought before I watched, afterwards, a 180.
Now it is one of my favorite holiday movies! I just love the cast (did before too, but never mind.) Jimmy Stewart and Donna Reed did extremely well in their roles! When I was littler (before I started loathing it) I had always sympathized with Mary when she was younger, I just couldn't understand why she had to grow up and fall in love with the boy, ruined the whole thing for me! Now that I watched again, I find myself sympathizing with Mary again, this time when she's older! It's funny how things change with time, and our very ideals as mature as well.
Life is wonderful! Beautiful in it's complex simpleness. I love how this movie shows life and it's importance. It truly is a wonderful movie!

Post a comment with a link to your review to participate!

*Update* I finally got my sister to write her review you can see it here Lament of the Abandoned Blog and I strongly recommend that you follow her somewhat bazaar adventures!

No comments: