Wednesday, November 9, 2011

Fashion Challenge ~ Day Four - Vintage Favorites

Good morning everyone! Today's challenge is to wear an outfit from the past! I picked a time around the 1950's, and my dress is an actual vintage dress from the 1950's! So are the shoes and also the necklace!

 I feel like I just came from the 1950's, we see if it will effect how I talk, by golly!


 These pearls where my great-great grandmother's pearls, so I have absolutely no idea how old they are but I can guess that they are from somewhere in the 1950's.
A very interesting print, not one that you would see today! I still rather puzzled as to what it is a print of....
Still it works out to have a pretty nice effect on the dress!


I just love how these shoes look with this dress, even though they do hurt quite abit to wear! We'll see how long I last in them. I believe that are from the 1930's or somewhere around then, still they are pretty old! They knew how to make shoes back then, the shoes that I have, usually wear out within the month!

Shoes: Thrift store - Vintage 1930's
Dress: Thrift store- Vintage 1950's
Pearl: Great-Great Grandmother's pearls

5 comments:

patricia said...

What an adorable outfit! I esp. love the shoes! I do not own any vintage clothing =(...i guess i need to start shopping at a different thrift store lol.

have a blessed day.......
constance

Rachel W. said...

What a beautiful dress! The print is so iconically 1950s, and the pintucks are a lovely detail. What an excellent thrift store find! :)

Unknown said...

I know! When I saw it in the store I just kinda stared, and then stanched at it and won't let go of it until I was at the check out! I can't imagne why someone whould give it way! Though I have to admit, I'm kinda glad they did!
Glad you gals like it!
Pax Christi,
Miss Rose

Marianela said...

The dress, shoes, and pearl necklace look really awesome, Rose! Loooove it! ;)

Bramblewood Fashion said...

OH. MY. What a beautiful outfit, dear!! That dress is too cute!