Tuesday, January 3, 2012

The Sixth Day of Christmas Films ~ Muppet's Christmas Carol

Muppet's Christmas Carol







\









Rating: 5 out of 5 stars
A personal family favorite of the classic tale by Dickens (portraied by Gonzo) accompined by his not so faithful rat. Well, maybe not so faithful a retelling but defeinatly a funny one! I mean who could resist? Kermit the Frog as Bob Kratchet, Fozzey as Mr. Fezzywig, and not to forget Michael Cane as Scrooge (who probably acted the most faithful to his character as Dickens wrote it!)
Favorite quotes:
Gonzo: My name is Charles Dickens. Rizzo the Rat: And my name is Rizzo the Rat... wait a second! You're not Charles Dickens! Gonzo: I am too! Rizzo the Rat: No! A blue furry Charles Dickens who hangs out with a rat? Gonzo: Absolutely! Rizzo the Rat: Charles Dickens was a 19th Century novelist! A genius! Gonzo: Oh, you are too kind! Rizzo the Rat: Why should I believe you? Gonzo: Well, because I know the story of A Christmas Carol like the back of my hand! Rizzo the Rat: Prove it! Gonzo: All right! Um, there's a little mole on my thumb, and um, a scar on my wrist from when I fell off my bike... Rizzo the Rat: No, no, no, don't tell us your *hand*, tell us the *story*!

No comments: