Friday, September 30, 2011

Gymnopedie No.1 - Childhood memories



I have probably heard this song from since I was around four years old (a least that is the first time I remember hearing it.) I would hear it on the EWTN radio station when they would have technical difficulties they would play this song. I remember that I always wanted to know what song it was and if I could learn it on the piano, I would as my mama but she didn't know the name. So yesterday I was listening to my Ralph Vaughan Williams station (he's one of my favorite composers!) and this song comes up. I listened to it and I have this vague recognition, that I've heard this somewhere before..... it was so familiar, but I was sure I hadn't heard it for years. Then I remembered and now I can't stop listening to it! So now I have a new song to learn on the piano (as I finished Where is my Mind awhile ago) If you like to learn it as well here is the Gymnopedie Sheet Music. It's always nice to have soothing music playing while you're panicking to finish mid-term exams! Speaking of which, I should probably get back to....

No comments: