Sunday, March 6, 2011

To do a Movie or Not to do a Movie? That is the Question

Whether it is nobler to do a play and bear the pangs of not having all the actors or to skip the whole thing and do a movie instead? 
      Or something to that effect, I think I have determined that I will be doing my own Student film. What in world am I talking about you may ask? Well, several months ago I started directing a play, which I also ended up taking the lead in, due to some complications. In between now and then many adventures and mishaps, but I have decided that it would be neat if we did it as a movie instead. So I am beginning the motions, trying to find locations, working out choreographing for those locations, and oh, also memorizing lines. The play (or now movie) is Pygmalion written by George Bernard Shaw, you may of the musical version which is more well known, My Fair Lady. Set in the early 1900's England, about a certain gentleman that takes in a young girl from the streets and teaches her how to be a lady. The title Pygmalion which you may think an odd one, comes from the Greek legend about a stone carver, Pygmalion, who carves a statue of a woman and falls in love with it, in the end the Greek gods have pity on him and they turn the statue into a real person. All in all it should be a very interesting venture and I will try to keep you informed of any further developments.

1 comment:

Imogen said...

Sounds like fun. I look forwards to hearing more about your movie. Oh, and I've got a new blog now. If you want to see it go to: www,dancingdragonflysisters.blogspot.com