Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Beatrix Potter and her Little Friends

 I have always loved the little stories and paintings by Beatrix Potter and also really enjoyed watching the movie Miss Potter, so I have be inspired to take up my own paint brush and copy some of her paintings.

Walking Miss Bunny Home By Miss Rose

Blackberries by Miss Rose

Apply Dapply by Miss Rose
























They are all based on paintings done by Beatrix Potter but are more colorful and a lot less detailed. To give you an idea of how different they are here is one of the paintings that I based the one of the two bunnies off of.
As you may have notice the weather has changed (how do you paint snow anyway?) I think mine turned out rather well but hers is infinitely better. Anyway I hope to bring them to our little county fair. My next project I think I will try to paint some of the mice from the book Redwall.

2 comments:

Gaelen Mibeck said...

What wonderful paintings! I have always been a fan of the Beatrix potter stories, my favorite being The Story of a Fierce Bad Rabbit.

Anonymous said...

I think your watercolors are lovely! Beatrix Potter's drawings and artwork are wonderful inspiration. I love viewing them, but have not ever tried painting them. Bravo!