Monday, December 6, 2010

North & South

I can tell you right now I just love watching period dramas! One that I have recently watched and is now one of my favorites is North & South from the book written by Elizabeth Gaskell. I have never read the book, and usually I don't approve of watching the movie before reading the book, but I was really interested in seeing this one. After watching, I've determined that I must read the book, as soon as I can get my hands on it. North & South is about a young woman named Margaret who moves with her family to the  industrial North, in which Margaret is displeased with the conditions of the workers of the local Cotton mill, owned by the stubborn Mr. Thornton, he refuses to listen to her, which leads to many misfortunes. Though it may not exactly sound very interesting or dramatic from my description I can't say more or I would ruin the story for you so I will leave it at that. The actors are all very good, though not particularly well know they are very good at the roles that they have. So one the whole, I would highly recommend this mini series.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

just finished the book its brilliant you will love it