Saturday, November 20, 2010

Jane Austen's Quilt

I am sure many of us have heard of the great writer Jane Austen and her books, but not everyone knows that she also made a quilt. This past summer I have tried to recreate her quilt. I have used different colors and have slightly changed the pattern (mostly because of some of my own mistakes rather then actually planing to change the quilt style)
Here is a picture of her quilt



















Here is a picture of my quilt, as you can see it is quite a bit brighter.


Heres a detail of the center
I had to readjust the pattern for this particular motif to fit into the orignal pattern, but I think it worked out well.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh my goodness, this is stunning!!! The thought of doing that myself gives me a headache- but good for you. :) And your blog is quite rosy. Lovely!~ Miss Nancy Bucket

Anonymous said...

both of the quilts are very pretty!

MNrubylocks94 said...

Very nice! I'm impressed!